Echo and the Environment
As a truly green company, our mission is to grow the circular economy, which benefits manufacturers and suppliers, creates jobs, and, most importantly, aids in protecting the environment for future generations.
Our zero landfill initiative has a single, finite goal: to divert 100 percent of e-waste materials from landfills. The zero-waste target is to reuse or eliminate all non-product outputs entirely, so nothing is left on the curb.
The Circular Economy
The best form of recycling is reuse. A circular economy is an economic system aimed at continuing the use of resources and eliminating waste. We repurpose products to give them a second useful life. By designing out waste and pollution, we are able to keep products and materials in use. This contributes to the circular economy.
At Echo Environmental, we do our part to help save the earth, no matter how small. Here are a few things we do around the office to reduce our carbon footprint:
- Avoid printing
- Use energy-saving laptops
- Use re-usable water bottles
- Optimize energy-saving office lighting
- Work remotely, when possible, to reduce travel emissions
- Casual dress code to eliminate laundromat and travel energy
- Keep plants around the office
Integrated Quality, Environmental Health and Safety Policy
At Echo Environmental we are committed to delivering innovative recycling solutions in a responsible manner.
We do this by:
- Providing products and services of the highest standards to satisfy our customers’ needs and expectations of quality, health & safety, reliability and service
- Meeting quality objectives by establishing, implementing and maintaining a documented and effective integrated management system which complies with the requirements of iso 9001, 14001, 45001 and R2 responsible recycling
- Complying with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations
- Supporting sustainable development through proactive identification of pollutant sources
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for our staff by preventing safety risks
- Educating our staff about their responsibility to protect the environment in their daily work and how to work in a safe manner
- Adhering to material management hierarchy of reuse, recover, and disposal
- Committing to a zero-tolerance landfill policy
- Sharing our vision and goals with our clients and the public
Regarding our sustainability practices and solutions, our teams work to communicate policies and help create plans that can be shared with your company to help clearly understand the expectations and goals. We work with your team to review policies and design a program tailored to fit your needs.